Thursday 26 January 2017

Day 9, a wet cruise around the Atherton Tablelands

Sunday 7th August, 2011 Day 9…
Odo start, 5,496 K's
Odo end,  5,784 K's
Distance Travelled.  288 K's
Accommodation, Paronella Park…

This morning the weather didn't look good, i checked the forecast on the web and is said 40% chance of 1mm rain, so i decided to risk riding without my wet weather layers.

Her is a tip for anybody who is going to ride into a rainforest, "TAKE YOUR WET WEATHER GEAR" I rode to innisfail to fuel up and got soaked. I jumped into Macca's for brekkie then decided to ride back to Paronella Park and put on my wet weather gear.

My mission for the day was to see some of the local waterfalls. I rode up to Waterfall Drive and visited Ellinga, Zillie and Millaa Millaa Falls. All 3 were spectacular, especially Millaa Millaa. One unfortunate part of the atrocious weather was that my lenses got wet and i didn't see the water on the lens until it was to late, next time i will remember to bring a lens cloth.

Here is the view at Crawfords Lookout!!



Here are the falls..

Ellinga…



































































Zillie…



































































Millaa Millaa… The best falls yet, you could even swim at the base...



































































It was then onto Yungaburra for a Hot Chocolate at the local cafe before hitting the Gillies Highway, what a fantastic road, even in the pouring rain. I did want to visit the Boulders and Josephene Falls, but i was cold and wet my cameraas were soaking, so i decided to get back to the park where i could grab a hot shower and throw my gear into the clothes dryer.

A short, wet but enjoyable day, 288 k's traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.