Thursday 26 January 2017

Day 10, a short cruise into Cairns.

Monday 8th August, 2011 Day 109…
Odo start, 5,784 K's
Odo end,  5,930 K's
Distance Travelled.  146 K's
Accommodation, Cairns Villa and Leisure Park, $25 for a powered site…

I woke this morning at 7:00 am to clear blue skies, i thought it would be a good opportunity to break camp early and try and get some of my gear dry before i got going for the day. I had stuff strewn all around the BBQ area, luckily most of the other guests were happy to cook their breakfast's around me.

I left at 9:00 am with my objective Cairns, i am waiting for a parcel from Melbourne, so it was going to be a quick journey there except for one stop to Josephene Falls. Again the road to the falls was spectacular. There was a 700m walk to the falls, a lot of money had been spent on access so i hoped these were going to be awesome. They were "good" but not great, Millaa Millaa Falls and Wallaman Falls were far better.

Any way here are a few pics.

Paronella Park...





















The Bruce Highway...



The Road to Josephene Falls...



Josephene Falls...





More from The Bruce Highway...




























































My Campsite in Cairns...



I doof door playing in the background now, time will tell if this campsite has been a good choice.

It is time to have a quick look at the bike, i haven't touched it since i left..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.