Thursday 26 January 2017

Day 35, Ceduna to Port Augusta.

Friday 2nd September, 2011 Day 35…
Odo start, 18,398 K's
Odo end,  19,160 K's
Distance Travelled.  762 K's
Accommodation, Friends Home in Port Augusta…

I woke early due to the gusting winds, i got up and packed as quickly as i could. I was on the road at 7:45am heading for Port Lincoln.

The winds were getting stronger, but the day looked like it would stay dry. I followed the road past Streaky Bay, the scenery was underwhelming, not what i expected at all.

I fuelled up at 8:45 the bike took 6.2 L @ $1.54.9/L $9.60 for 116 K's, this would get me to Port Lincoln.

As i neared Port Lincoln, fields full of crops started appearing….



I arrived at Port Lincoln at 12:15, i immediately looked for a Motorbike shop, i needed some chain lube. I stumbled into Lincoln Mower & Motorcycles, looking for chain lube. I found a small can of Bel-Ray and asked if i could get a hand to lift the rear wheel of the ground to lube the chain, they gladly helped, finally having to get a jack to lift the bike as it was too heavy to lift, thanks for the great service guys.

I refuelled the bike took 17.21 L of Premium @ $1.49.9/L $25.80 for 320 K's.

The ride out of Port Lincoln was beautiful, a lovely road following the coast. Soon enough, i could see the Flinders Ranges in the distance…



I arrived at Port Augusta at 3:45, i fuelled up, the bike took 20.42 L @ $1.48.9/L (PULP) $30.41 for 349 K's.

It was a short drive to my friends home, and a great night spent with friends. Thanks Jeff and Barb..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.