Thursday 26 January 2017

Day 21, Litchfield National Park to Wyndham..

Friday 19th August, 2011 Day 21…
Odo start, 10,289 K's
Odo end,  11,237 K's
Distance Travelled.  948 K's
Accommodation, Wyndham Caravan Park, $25 for a powered site…

Todays plan was to get up before sunrise and hope that Wangi Falls was all that i hoped. I woke up during the night, it was fairly bright outside but not much noise from the wildlife yet, i turned the zumo on to get the time… 2:29am… I bit early

Next time i looked, it was 5:50, time to get up and see what the falls looked like. WOW, what a great spot..






A mate of mine in Broome, is leaving on a trip on the 28th, so it is time to see if i can get there before he leaves, it is time to focus, lets get to WA and see what we find on the way.

I leave the campsite at 8:00,I refuel at Adelaide River at 9:20am What a great little town, very picturesque, it was the getting off point for our WWII Diggers. The bike takes 11.88 Ltrs at $1.59.9/Ltr $$19.00 for 214 K's. I have a Mrs Mac's Beef and Cheese Pie and a Ginger Beer. 

Another refuel at Katherine at 11:55am 12.87 Ltrs @ $1.45.7/Ltr $18.75 for 206 K's

I turn West again heading for the border. About 150 K's into the ride, i ask the GPS where is the Next fuel… It tells me Kununurra!! There is no way i will make that at the speed i am riding, i back off to 106 kph and start contemplating my future. From all the ride reports i have read, the longest fuel range was 350K's.  About 15 minutes further up the road i see a wonderful sign for Victoria River where there is Fuel

The fabulous Victoria River..



I pull in at 1:30 the bike takes 10.5 Ltrs @$1.80.00/Ltr $18.90 for 198 K's

Gregory National Park is spectacular, no great shots as the sun was starting to set. I see my first Boab Tree near Timber Creek..



The Fabulous Real Victoria River, full of Salties..



Before i know it i hit the border..



Where i have to wait to be checked for contraband!! Given the all clear, i immediately gain another hour and a half, now on Perth Time and i set off for Kununurra. I refuel at 3:40pm, 16.77 Ltrs @$1.75.9/Ltr $29.50 for 326 K's

It is now time to head for Wyndham, i have been told i MUST see the 5 Rivers Lookout, so that is where i am headed…

I arrive just before sunset, photos won't do this justice, the scale of the rivers is immense, i have taken a rough pano, i'll see how it turns out when i get back to Melbourne.

Here is a wide angle shot for now.



I refuel at 5:13, 6.06 Ltrs @ $1.67.00/Ltr $10.12 for 115K's I ask the servo guy about accommodation, he recommends the Caravan Park, so off i head. Great little park that the new managers are doing up, a breath of fresh air compared to what i rode past coming into town, i was almost prepared to gamble the roos to get out of town, but the van park is great.

Tomorrow…… THE GIBB!!! I hope. If all goes well, you will probably hear from me in 4 or 5 days, if the road is badly corrugated, you will hear from me sooner....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.